Team Total Iceland believes in preparing and then preparing before final preparing when it comes to organized tours. Why, you may ask and the answer is that we don´t do ordinary and that means we make the extra effort most companies do not.
We believe that 99 per cent of „tours“ nowadays anywhere in the world is little more than a scam for these reasons:
- Times and schedules are fixed.
- Guides are lowly paid and often just hired temporarily over summer and have no real incentive to bring true joy to travelers.
- More quantity than quality.
- No element of surprise during the tour.
- Most are way too expensive to make sense.
So what makes our tours any different?
- Times and schedule not fixed >> This means for example that on a four day long tour we postpone climbing that stunning mountain if the weather is not good and visibility fantastic. If it rains cats and dogs we may postpone an event but offer something else instead so as not to waste time. We rotate the days according to the conditions and also the ambiance within the group in question. For instance, if folks are a wee bit hung-over after the festival or extra tired after the long hike we do not take off at the break of dawn the next day. There should be a picture of team Total Iceland in dictionaries under the word flexibility.
- Guides are well paid and knowledgeable >> We all know this. If you like your job and you get the salary and respect you crave you will go the extra mile for the company and the customer. Double that for Total Iceland since all four folks behind it are equal owners and have everything to gain by offering something real and substantive to travelers. We are all well-seasoned travelers and we know damn well the difference between the trip of a lifetime or just another tour we did in Iceland.
- Just quality >> We only do 4 tours in the East of Iceland all summer and we only do them a few times each. Not what anyone would call quantity is it? Better yet, we limit the number of participants to nine on each one. Travel should never be a herd-like phenomenon if it is to be enjoyed. You should make some friends too if possible.
- Surprise, surprise >> Wouldn´t be a surprise if we told too much….
- Expensive but not ridiculous >> We´ll just have to face the music on this one. Iceland is expensive and everything you do here is expensive. However, we do not think it right to add a little extra here and a little extra there just to laugh a little harder in the bank. You pay a very FAIR price for the product we offer. That is our promise.
We will publish our Eastern tours 2015 in the very next days with itinerary and prices. We are sure some of you will find what we offer interesting.[socialwrap align=”left”] [socialicon name=”fb” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”linkedin” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”twitter” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”google” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”rss” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”youtube” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”vimeo” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”pinterest” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”soundcloud” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”instagram” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”flickr” url=”” ][/socialicon] [socialicon name=”email” url=”” ][/socialicon] [/socialwrap]